This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung focuses on Jesus – reflecting on how He spoke, how He treated people, how He served God, and how He faced difficulties. In this week’s message, we glean practical and helpful tips for anyone who has been called to serve by studying how Jesus ministered.
1. Why does the writer of the Book of Hebrews want us to fix our thoughts on Jesus? What happens when we fix our thoughts on Jesus? Have you ever experienced fixing your thoughts on Jesus?
2. The Lord kept Jesus in obscurity for 30 years and Jesus completed his ministry in just 3 years. Why didn’t God let Jesus come out a little earlier? How does a life of rootedness affect our ministry? How are you now in terms of deepening your roots?
3. Jesus served God with wisdom. Can you differentiate intelligence, knowledge, and wisdom?
4. Relationship and Reason should both both be taken into account when we deal with life situations. Which do you think should come first – relationships before reason? or Reason before relationships? Why do you think so?
5. What is a ministry of righteousness and how can we serve God more righteously?